38MW – Burkina Faso
An essential project for Burkina Faso
Urgent need for Burkina Faso to install additional power generation capacity at a competitive price.
In Burkina Faso, solar energy is the cheapest and most abundant source of energy in the country.
- Project : 38 MWp solar power plant
- Location : Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
- Technologies : Monocrystalline modules / Single-axis tracker system / String inverters
- Off-take : 25-year take-or-pay PPP with SONABEL
- Construction period : 10 months
- Target commissioning : 2022
- Technical partner : Ineo (Equans)
The impact of Kodéni Solar
Meticulous monitoring of the commitments taken by a monitoring committee made up of representatives of the populations: women, young people, people impacted by the project as well as political leaders.
Construction of a maternity with equipment, latrines, accommodations and solar electrification.
Construction of classrooms electrified with solar energy.
Construction of a building for the civil registry office, as well as its computer system.
Preference given to local contractors for the construction and operation of the plant, as well as for the realization of community projects.
Acquisition of an ambulance.
Africa REN is a sustainable partner of the Ministry of Energy of Burkina Faso, the Town Hall of the Commune of Bobo-Dioulasso and the local community.
Kodéni Solar has made several commitments based on the needs expressed by the community, especially in terms of infrastructure and education.