25MW – Sénégal
Development and commissioning in record time
Development, structuring and financing concluded in 12 months by Africa REN team.
150 jobs created during construction; 25 jobs created for maintenance.
Construction completed in 8 months with commissioning in October 2016.
27,000 tons of CO2 saved per year (UNFCCC).
25 MW installed. Equivalent to the electricity consumption of 200,000 people.
Best Renewable Energy Project of the Year 2017 by the Africa IFA.
- Project : 25 MWp solar power plant
- Location : Bokhol, Senegal
- Technologies : Polycrystalline modules / Fixed structure / Centralised inverters
- Off-take : 20-year take-or-pay PPP with Senelec
- Construction period : 8 month
- Commissioning : October 2016
- Technical partner : Vinci Energies
The impact of Senergy 2
Substantial savings for the Senegalese State (competitive Kwh price).
Construction of 2 schools and 6 classrooms electrified with solar energy.
150 jobs created during construction and 25 permanent jobs for management and maintenance, of which 40% are reserved for the local community of Bokhol.
Part of the project’s revenues are allocated to local communities, notably for investments in health, education and agriculture.
Setting up a solar energy training program for the benefit of local youths.
Installation & maintenance of independent solar kits for the community.